I go through a vast experience in just a couple of days with kids and really have to recall and adapt too. Here are some
Getting used to school holidays
- Like last working day leave & others khama khah leaves. Yes now it seems funny but at that time they are your prior requirements.
- If you are teaching them parts of the body in English. Then don’t get carried away with details like how many teeth’s and bones in human body. Really it makes no sense in Nursery class.
- I strictly not used to getting respects. Even my nephew just 6 yr old called me by my nick name Honey and not Mama Ji or other uncle type prefixes. So I (Sir Ji) getting used to say Yes or No to the requests of going to toilet, drinking water etc. Please do not apply the same principal of one student at a time to blind kids. So I generally allow them.
- Sir Ji ye mera naam chida raha ha "Gopi ko topi bol raha ha". I still do not know how to solve such fights.
- Actually we had a class room but not benches so kids sit on carpet. Of course there is chair for me but I love to sit with kids on carpet. But when you want to give instruction try either to stand up or sit on chair. As the kids are blind so the voice I think coming from top makes a distinguished dictatorship mark which you need sometimes in uncontrolled atmosphere.
Don’t feel jealous & you please try too.
Contribute to society.